Duties of the Finance Department include: controlling expenditures and obligations (including operating expenses, debt, payroll) receipting and depositing all revenues. managing the investment of all monies. Read further more more detailed information about the Town of Evans Finance Department.
The Finance Department has many facets of responsibility for the town, including but not limited to:
- - Applications for town employment, which includes full time, part time and Seasonal positions.
- - Administration of the New York State (NYS) retirement system
- - Health Insurance
- - Workers Compensation
- - Preparation and distribution of payroll
- - Purchasing and payables
- - Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget
- - Annual financial report to the State Comptrollers office
- - Administer and audit Service Award Program for local Fire Companies
- - Fixed asset records
- - Investments
- - Internal controls
- - Compliance audits
- - All financial aspects of the towns finance